A pale, golden Colored whisky with a sweet nose of vanilla, butterscotch sherbet and chocolate. Creamy, buttery on the palate with a slight tongue prickle; vanilla & crème brulee emerge to give a long lingering sweet finish with a slight spicy edge.
Built in 1871 by Alexander Wilson, this is one of the few distilleries to have been owned by the local town council which stepped in to save the plant in 1936 when the Wilson family went bankrupt. Two years later, Arthur Bell bought it for the princely sum of £3,000. With the absorption of Bell’s into Guinness and the subsequent purchase by that firm of DCL, Inchgower became part of what is now Diageo.